Connect with us

Politics

Exclusive: Mike Pence Says ‘Calls To Defund The FBI Just As Wrong As Calls To Defund The Police’ – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

Mike Pence Says ‘Calls To Defund The FBI Just As Wrong As Calls To Defund The Police’

#Mike #Pence #Calls #Defund #FBI #Wrong #Calls #Defund #Police

Former Vice President Mike Pence took conservatives to task on Wednesday, urging them to stop attacking the FBI over the search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida home last week.

He also criticized conservatives who have called for the defunding of the FBI.

He stated that calls to defund the FBI are “just as wrong” for Democrats to call for defunding local police departments.

RELATED: Obama Chimes In, Reviving Biden’s ‘Big F***ing Deal’ Line To Celebrate Inflation Reduction Act

On The Campaign Trail?

Mike Pence’s calls for caution come as a result of claims of increasing threats against law enforcement since the raid at Mar-A-Lago last week, and conservative outrage over the practices of federal law enforcement and the Department of Justice. 

Pence was speaking at the “Politics & Eggs” event at St. Anselm college in New Hampshire. There is much speculation that Pence will jump into the 2024 presidential race.

During the event, Pence also said that he is “troubled” by what he sees as the “politicization” of the FBI. He added that U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland and the Department of Justice need to be “more forthcoming” about information that prompted the search.

But Pence was not letting the GOP off the hook. He stated:

“I also want to remind my fellow Republicans, we can hold the attorney general accountable for the decision he made without attacking the rank-and-file law enforcement personnel at the FBI. The Republican Party is the party of law and order. Our party stands with the men and women who stand on the thin blue line at the federal and state and local level, and these attacks on the FBI must stop. Calls to defund the FBI are just as wrong as calls to defund the police.”

RELATED: Grim Warnings Of Possible Nuclear Destruction Has Us Humming ‘It’s The End Of The World As We Know It’

Consider Testifying Before Jan. 6 Committee

Because he may be a possible 2024 White House contender, Mike Pence seems to be trying to distance himself from Donald Trump. He has stated in the past that, “Look, it’s fairly well known that President Trump and I have had our differences.”

But it’s what he also said at the New Hampshire event that could bring a whole lot of distance between himself and Trump. After his speech there was a question and answer period.

James Brett is the President and Chief Executive Officer of the New England Council. He asked Pence about the Jan. 6 Committee and any possible involvement he might have in it. He asked, “January 6, if they were to call you to come and testify, talk, would you be agreeable?”

Pence’s response, in part:

“Well, I would… If there was an invitation to participate, I would consider it. But you’ve heard me mention the Constitution a few times this morning. In the Constitution, we have three co-equal branches of government. And any invitation to be directed to me, I would have to reflect on the unique role that I was serving in as vice president. Um, it’d be unprecedented in history for a vice president to be summoned to testify on Capitol Hill. But as I said, I don’t want to prejudge. If there’s ever any formal invitation rendered to us, we’d give it due consideration.”

RELATED: Trump Celebrates Liz Cheney’s Brutal Defeat: ‘Now She Can Finally Disappear’

Visits To First In The Nation Primary States

Mike Pence may be answering the question of whether or not he is running in 2024 by the looks of his travel schedule. In addition to the stop in New Hampshire, he will swing through Iowa to help Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is up for reelection, a trip to the State Fair, and a fundraiser in Des Moines. Pence was in South Carolina in May.

The recent CPAC Texas straw poll had some 20 GOP candidates on the list, including Pence and other familiar names like Sen. Ted Cruz, former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, and former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo.

While Donald Trump emerged the hands down winner, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis came in second. No other candidates, including Pence, scored above the two percent mark. While other candidates may be waiting to see what Trump does, Mike Pence says his decision to run will not hinge on the activities of his former boss. 

Advertisement

Now is the time to support and share the sources you trust.
The Political Insider ranks #3 on Feedspot’s “100 Best Political Blogs and Websites.”


Politics

Exclusive: The DOJ’s latest filing has even more damning claims against Trump – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

The DOJ’s latest filing has even more damning claims against Trump

#DOJs #latest #filing #damning #claims #Trump

The photograph of highly classified documents strewn across the floor at Mar-a-Lago beside a box of framed Time magazines had already gone viral Wednesday morning as perhaps the defining image of the ongoing investigation into Donald Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified information.

The image was attached to a 36-page filing from the Department of Justice in the ongoing court battle by Trump to have a special master review the documents seized by federal agents when they searched Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s private Florida club and residence, in August. And it’s by no means the most damning claim from the overnight court filing, which you can read below.

  • In the filing, the DOJ asserts that Trump was likely taking efforts to obstruct justice: “The government also developed evidence that government records were likely concealed and removed from the Storage Room and that efforts were likely taken to obstruct the government’s investigation.”
  • Trump’s lawyers claimed to the DOJ there were no other classified documents at Mar-a-Lago in June. After handing over what they claimed were the remaining classified documents in a sealed legal envelope, a Trump lawyer “represented that there were no other records stored in any private office space or other location at the Premises and that all available boxes were searched.” That envelope contained “38 unique documents bearing classification markings including . . . 17 documents marked as TOP SECRET.”
  • The August search warrant at Mar-a-Lago produced “over a hundred classified records including information classified at the highest levels,” including three classified documents that “were located in the desks in the ’45 [Trump’s personal] Office.’”

The filing also contains detailed arguments against the appointment of a special master to review the documents, which Trump has claimed is necessary to review the documents to determine if they contain any privileged material. The DOJ noted a review by a filter team for any privileged information had already been completed. It also pushed back against Trump’s claims of executive privilege to justify holding on to the documents that the National Archives had requested under the Presidential Records Act, noting that there is no precedent for invoking executive privilege “to prohibit the sharing of documents within the Executive Branch.”

Read the DOJ filing

Trump’s lawyers are due to file a response on Wednesday, and a hearing is scheduled for Thursday in the matter before Aileen Cannon, a Trump-nominated federal judge in South Florida.

On his personal social media site, Truth Social, Trump said Thursday morning “Terrible the way the FBI, during the Raid of Mar-a-Lago, threw documents haphazardly all over the floor (perhaps pretending it was me that did it!), and then started taking pictures of them for the public to see. Thought they wanted them kept Secret? Lucky I Declassified!”

Trump has claimed that he had somehow automatically declassified any documents at Mar-a-Lago. There is no evidence that he did so, and his lawyers have not made the same claims in court filings.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Exclusive: Dr. Oz: Abortion is murder from the time of conception, except for when it's not – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

GREENSBURG, PA - MAY 06: Pennsylvania Republican U.S. Senate candidate Dr. Mehmet Oz speaks at a rally in support of his campaign sponsored by former President Donald Trump at the Westmoreland County Fairgrounds on May 6, 2022 in Greensburg, Pennsylvania. Former President Trump endorsed Dr. Oz in the Pennsylvania Republican primary race for the U.S. Senate over his top opponent David McCormick. (Photo by Jeff Swensen/Getty Images)

#Abortion #murder #time #conception #it039s

Oz in his capacity as a physician, the 2019 version of Oz, sounded pretty pro-choice in that interview. “Just being logical about it,” Oz said then, “if you think that the moment of conception you’ve got a life, then why would you even wait six weeks? Right, then an in vitro fertilized egg is still a life.”

Which is apparently what 2022 Oz believes: Life begins at conception and it’s murder no matter what. Or at least that’s what May 2022 Oz said he believed. Now that it’s general election time and he’s not chasing the MAGAiest of the MAGAs for votes, Oz seems to think that maybe abortion is not always murder.

In a town hall meeting this week, Oz found some exceptions to his “100% pro-life” abortion-is-always-murder position: the health of the mother, rape, and incest. That’s a variation on the gaslighting forced birth proponents trotted out when various horror stories about abortion bans started emerging.

Like about the 10-year-old rape survivor who had to travel out of Ohio to obtain an abortion. Or people having miscarriages, or people whose lives are threatened by ectopic pregnancies. Those don’t really count as abortions, they have tried to insist. Terminating those kind of pregnancies, Catherine Glenn Foster, the head of Americans United for Life, testified would fall under any exception and would not be an abortion.

The Oz who was a doctor knows that’s bullshit. Abortion is abortion and it is a safe and essential medical treatment for millions. It is necessary for all kinds of reasons that are nobody’s business other than the person needing an abortion and whomever they wish to involve. No matter how the pregnancy occurred.

“I trust democracy,” Oz said this week in that town hall, trying to change the subject. “I trust your ability to influence our representatives in Harrisburg, which is where this decision should be made. It’s not talked about in the Constitution.”

But if he’s elected to the Senate, and if there’s a Republican majority, he’s going to have to be held accountable on this. Because there will be a Republican bill to create a federal abortion ban and he’ll have to take a position.


Advertisement
Continue Reading

Politics

Exclusive: Bidens To Host Barack And Michelle Obama For White House Portrait Unveiling – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Bidens To Host Barack And Michelle Obama For White House Portrait Unveiling

#Bidens #Host #Barack #Michelle #Obama #White #House #Portrait #Unveiling

The White House has announced that President and First Lady Biden will be hosting Barack and Michelle Obama for their White House portrait unveiling.

The White House announced in a statement provided to PoliticusUSA, “On Wednesday, September 7, at 1:30 PM ET, President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden will host former President Barack Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama for the unveiling of their official White House portraits.”

Normally, the White House portrait unveiling for the previous president would have taken place a year or two after the previous president left office.

For example, here is George W. Bush’s unveiling ceremony that took place in 2012:

Advertisement

Trump was the reason why Obama’s portrait was not unveiled when it should have been. Trump never scheduled the ceremony, and for his part, Barack Obama had no interest in participating in the ceremony with Trump.

Trump is still accusing Obama of crimes, so there is no doubt that if Trump would have won a second term, Obama would be waiting for him to leave office before unveiling his White House portrait.

Portrait unveilings at the White House are historic, as there are only five living ex-presidents, so anytime one makes a public appearance with the current president, it represents one-sixth of the living individuals who have been/are president.

It will be a special day in the White House, and one that is long overdue as Obama and Biden will be reunited at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Continue Reading

Exclusive

Copyright © 2022 Talk Of News.