Connect with us

Entertainment

Exclusive: Civil jury finds Bill Cosby sexually abused 16-year-old girl at Playboy Mansion in 1975

Published

on

Civil jury finds Bill Cosby sexually abused 16-year-old girl at Playboy Mansion in 1975

#Civil #jury #finds #Bill #Cosby #sexually #abused #16yearold #girl #Playboy #Mansion

Jurors at a civil trial found Tuesday that Bill Cosby sexually abused a 16-year-old girl at the Playboy Mansion in 1975.

The Los Angeles County jury delivered the verdict in favor of Judy Huth, who is now 64, and awarded her $500,000.

Jurors found that Cosby intentionally caused harmful sexual contact with Huth, that he reasonably believed she was under 18, and that his conduct was driven by unnatural or abnormal sexual interest in a minor.

Read more:

Bill Cosby civil trial over alleged sex assault closes with accusations of lying

The jurors’ decision is a major legal defeat for the 84-year-old entertainer once hailed as America’s dad. It comes nearly a year after his Pennsylvania criminal conviction for sexual assault was thrown out and he was freed from prison. Huth’s lawsuit was one of the last remaining legal claims against him after his insurer settled many others against his will.

Story continues below advertisement

Advertisement

Cosby did not attend the trial or testify in person, but short clips from 2015 video deposition were played for jurors, in which he denied any sexual contact with Huth. He continues to deny the allegation through his attorney and publicist.

Jurors had already reached conclusions on nearly every question on their verdict form, including whether Cosby abused Huth and whether she deserved damages, after two days of deliberations on Friday. But the jury foreperson could not serve further because of a personal commitment, and the panel had to start deliberating from scratch with an alternate juror on Monday.

Cosby’s attorneys agreed that Cosby met Huth and her high school friend on a Southern California film set in April of 1975, then took them to the Playboy Mansion a few days later.

Huth’s friend Donna Samuelson, a key witness, took photos at the mansion of Huth and Cosby, which loomed large at the trial.

Huth testified that in a bedroom adjacent to a game room where the three had been hanging out, Cosby attempted to put his hand down her pants, then exposed himself and forced her to perform a sex act.

Huth filed her lawsuit in 2014, saying that her son turning 15 – the age she initially remembered being when she went to the mansion _ and a wave of other women accusing Cosby of similar acts brought fresh trauma over what she had been through as a teenager.

Story continues below advertisement

Advertisement

Huth’s attorney Nathan Goldberg told the jury of nine women and three men during closing arguments Wednesday that “my client deserves to have Mr. Cosby held accountable for what he did.”

“Each of you knows in your heart that Mr. Cosby sexually assaulted Miss Huth,” Goldberg said.

A majority of jurors apparently agreed, giving Huth a victory in a suit that took eight years and overcame many hurdles just to get to trial.

During their testimony, Cosby attorney Jennifer Bonjean consistently challenged Huth and Samuelson over errors in detail in their stories, and a similarity in the accounts that the lawyer said represented coordination between the two women.

This included the women saying in pre-trial depositions and police interviews that Samuelson had played Donkey Kong that day, a game not released until six years later.

Bonjean made much of this, in what both sides came to call the “Donkey Kong defense.”

Goldberg asked jurors to look past the small errors in detail that he said were inevitable in stories that were 45 years old, and focus on the major issues behind the allegations. He pointed out to jurors that Samuelson said “games like Donkey Kong” when she first mentioned it in her deposition.

The Cosby lawyer began her closing arguments by saying, “It’s on like Donkey Kong,” and finished by declaring, “game over.”

Story continues below advertisement

Advertisement

Huth’s attorney reacted with outrage during his rebuttal.

“This is about justice!” he shouted, pounding on the podium. “We don’t need game over! We need justice!”

© 2022 The Canadian Press


Entertainment

Exclusive: Travis Barker released from hospital after 'life-threatening pancreatitis' – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

#Travis #Barker #released #hospital #039lifethreatening #pancreatitis039

Travis Barker has enjoyed a relaxing weekend with wife Kourtney Kardashian after his horrific bout of pancreatitis that left him in “excruciating” pain.

In photos shared to both his and Kardashian’s Instagram accounts, the couple revealed a sweet day-date they went on to the beach. Barker was even seen walking into his recording studio in Calabasas, California this week.

The Blink-182 drummer fell ill last week with the illness, which refers to the inflammation of the pancreas and causes symptoms of nausea, intense stomach pain and vomiting.

READ MORE: Aussie musician and ARIA winner Tristan Goodall dead at 48

Barker was rushed to hospital on Wednesday June 29, following ‘excruciating’ stomach pain he experienced. (Getty Images for The Recording A)

READ MORE: Julie Bishop reportedly splits from partner of eight years

After falling ill, Barker, his children and Kardashian shared a slew of concerning and ambiguous posts about his health.

He later explained to fans that the flare-up had followed a routine endoscopy he had on Monday, June 27. By Wednesday, June 29, the 46-year-old rocker had been rushed to West Hills Hospital and Medical Center.

“I went in for an endoscopy Monday feeling great,” he wrote on his Instagram Story. “But after dinner, I developed excruciating pain and I have been hospitalised ever since.

Advertisement

“During the endoscopy, I had a very small polyp removed right in the very sensitive area, usually handled by specialists, which unfortunately damaged a critical pancreatic drainage tube. This resulted in severe life-threatening pancreatitis.”

Now, however, the rocker appears to be making a smooth recovery, with plenty of friends and family surrounding him.

Travis Barker discharged from hospital after pancreatitis, enjoys day date with wife Kourtney Kardashian.
Kardashian’s photos from the day show Barker’s foot resting on the pedal, ready to drive away and find some sunshine. (Instagram / @kourtneykardash)
Travis Barker discharged from hospital after pancreatitis, enjoys beach with wife Kourtney Kardashian.
Barker snapped a photo of a secluded beach he and Kardashian walked down to. (Instagram / @travisbarker)

READ MORE: Save hundreds a month with these discount shopping websites and apps

While Kardashian made sure to get some fresh air with Barker, hiring a vintage orange ute that they later took down to the beach, fans and friends shared wishes of goodwill.

The singer’s mother-in-law, Kris Jenner, also made sure to show her support, sending Barker a sweet bouquet of orange flowers and a note.

Judging by the orange theme, it seems this could be Barker’s favourite colour.

The note from Jenner and her beau Corey Gamble read: “Dear Travis, Get well soon!!! We love you, Kris and Corey.”

Travis Barker shares photo of flowers sent to him by mother-in-law Kris Jenner and her beau, Corey Gamble.
Jenner and Gamble sent Barker a sweet get well gift. (Instagram / @travisbarker)
Travis Barker shares photo of flowers sent to him by mother-in-law Kris Jenner and her beau, Corey Gamble.
It appears that orange may be the Blink-182 drummer’s favourite colour. (Instagram / @travisbarker)

READ MORE: Princess Charlene’s cryptic project raises eyebrows

Now, a source tells People that things are looking up for the 46-year-old.

“He’s slowly on the mend and closely following his doctors’ orders,” they said.

Lena Dunham shares bikini photos.

Lena Dunham rocks four different swimsuits while on vacation

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: "Stranger Things" Star Jamie Campbell Bower Is Absolutely Not Getting Enough Credit For His Work As Vecna, And Here's The Proof – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

"Stranger Things" Star Jamie Campbell Bower Is Absolutely Not Getting Enough Credit For His Work As Vecna, And Here's The Proof

#quotStranger #Thingsquot #Star #Jamie #Campbell #Bower #Absolutely #Credit #Work #Vecna #Here039s #Proof

Basically, with Max’s “death,” Vecna is able to open a fourth gate from the Upside Down to Hawkins, which means ALL HELL ESSENTIALLY BREAKS LOOSE and a bunch of innocent people die from a sudden “earthquake” (it was absolutely NOT an earthquake). Oh, and Will confirms that Vecna didn’t die and is just hurt, and they need to kill Vecna orrrrr everyone will die. Cool, cool, cool…

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: Real World Homecoming's Danny Roberts Argues the Handling of His HIV Journey Failed Pedro Zamora – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Real World Homecoming's Danny Roberts Argues the Handling of His HIV Journey Failed Pedro Zamora

#Real #World #Homecoming039s #Danny #Roberts #Argues #Handling #HIV #Journey #Failed #Pedro #Zamora

While Danny said he appreciated that Homecoming “genuinely focused on my mental health journey,” he argued it not only did a disservice to his own story, but also those that came before him.

“What I want heard more than anything is that this was a failure to honor their own previous work and Pedro Zamora,” Danny said, “which was so important and forgotten.”

Pedro appeared on The Real World: San Francisco in 1994 and became one of the first openly gay men living with HIV to be seen on television. Zamora died of an AIDS-related illness on November 11, 1994 at the age of 22, just hours after the Real World: San Francisco finale aired.

In a statement to the Los Angeles Times, Bunim/Murray Productions—the production company responsible for The Real World—responded to Danny’s allegations that the HIV storyline was cut, saying it “has never shied away from sharing stories around HIV and AIDS” since the franchise premiered in 1992.

“The Homecoming series ultimately focused on Danny’s mental health journey,” a Bunim/Murray statement said, “which he shared publicly with all his former roommates for the first time.”

Continue Reading

Exclusive

Copyright © 2022 Talk Of News.