Connect with us

Politics

Exclusive: MAGA Rocked As Pro-Trump New York Post Editorial Board Says ‘Time to Move On’

Published

on

MAGA Rocked As Pro-Trump New York Post Editorial Board Says ‘Time to Move On’

#MAGA #Rocked #ProTrump #York #Post #Editorial #Board #Time #Move

Look forward! The 2024 field is rich. You have Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, former UN ambassador Nikki Haley … the list goes on. All candidates who embrace conservative policies without the preoccupations of the Don.

New York Post Editorial Board, June 11th, 2022

The hardened MAGA right did all it could to deaden and dull American senses going into Thursday’s primetime televised hearing. The decision to bring the evidence to the people’s living room and treat the audience like adults, as people who want the truth, can discern the truth, and then can handle the truth, was so monumentally genius, so capable of changing the course of history, that the fear emanating from Bedminster, executive suites at Fox News, and Capitol Hill was palpable. They pushed back harder and harder, no commercials during Tucker… push, push…

According to the Nielsen ratings, an estimated 20 million people tuned in to a committee composed of adults speaking to adults. The audience heard Officer Caroline Edwards testify about slipping blood. They learned that representatives asked for preemptive pardons. They saw Ivanka say that her dad lost. And, most damningly, Trump’s presence or persona permeated everything so strongly that the viewer was forced to sense it.

There are at least four more publicly televised hearings, but a titanic paradigm shift has already occurred. The always-Trumpy, Murdoch-owned, New York Post Editorial Board, has seen enough and sent an earthquake through continental MAGA, just two days after the first hearing. The editors that had been so pro-Trump pronounced him unworthy of the office of president.

Trump has become a prisoner of his own ego. He can’t admit his tweeting and narcissism turned off millions. He won’t stop insisting that 2020 was “stolen” even though he’s offered no proof that it’s true.

Meanwhile, reports that Trump was pleased that the Jan. 6 crowd chanted for Vice President Mike Pence to be hanged — a truly reprehensible sentiment — makes him unworthy for the office. Trump can’t look past 2020. Let him remain there.

Do not get the Board wrong, don’t put them on the DNC mailing list. They are not suddenly supporting the Committee or even acknowledging its importance, the opposite, actually, calling the hearings  “a Democratic campaign ad, a thinly veiled partisan exercise,” all – they say, “to bolster Joe Biden’s failed presidency.” The Board is still fully MAGA, they’ve only decided that Trump is not.

Advertisement

The Board’s justification is as predictable as one might expect. They’re not pointing at any new revelations or facts, nor do they have a new philosophical outlook. No, hidden among the self-important pronouncement is an acknowledgment of the power in the presentation they call a “partisan exercise.” If presenting grown-up truths to other grown-ups is suddenly partisan, so be it.

And therein lies the problem, anyone who looks to the evidence this committee presents and talks about Pelosi not securing the Capitol and… is being a child and a petulant child at that. The NY Post didn’t suddenly realize that they’d been wrong all along. They suddenly realized they have the wrong brand going forward, the landscape has changed.

As Americans learn what really happened, Trump looks more like Blockbuster Video.

Trump’s response? He insults Barr, and dismisses Ivanka as “checked out.” He clings to more fantastical theories, such as Dinesh D’Souza’s debunked “2,000 Mules,” even as recounts in Arizona, Georgia and Wisconsin confirm Trump lost.

Trump still wields enormous power in the Republican party and particularly the MAGA right. And under no circumstances should anyone think that a DeSantis presidency is preferable from a policy sense. But as to the ever-important “branding,” Trump’s outer sheen, his logo, his persona, the “it factor” that used to fill the coffers at the for-profit groups like CPACs and Turning Points, is is all stale, old, and increasingly dangerous. Bring out Kyle, Kayleigh, and DeSantis.

The Editorial Board has decided it’s time for a new ad campaign featuring a new leader in the cult of personalities and philosophies. The cult lives but the center moves. Their decision, of course, comes hours after getting the first glimpse, knowing more is to come. The Post is getting out now, and they cannot be the only ones. (Remember the Murdoch connection, watch out Fox News). The Select Committee’s message is powerful and it’s for grown-ups who need to face the truth. There is no damned way that the MAGA movement is or was going to meet the moment with Trump’s baby-face and disposition.

Advertisement

Politics

Exclusive: Fed More Concerned About Inflation Than Recession – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Compelling Television

#Fed #Concerned #Inflation #Recession

“There are a lot of blogs and news sites claiming to understand politics, but only a few actually do. Political Wire is one of them.”

— Chuck Todd, host of “Meet the Press”

“Concise. Relevant. To the point. Political Wire is the first site I check when I’m looking for the latest political nugget. That pretty much says it all.”

— Stuart Rothenberg, editor of the Rothenberg Political Report

“Political Wire is one of only four or five sites that I check every day and sometimes several times a day, for the latest political news and developments.”

— Charlie Cook, editor of the Cook Political Report

“The big news, delicious tidbits, pearls of wisdom — nicely packaged, constantly updated… What political junkie could ask for more?”

— Larry Sabato, Center for Politics, University of Virginia

Advertisement

Continue Reading

Politics

Exclusive: This Innocent Woman's House Was Destroyed by a SWAT Team. A Jury Says She's Owed $60,000. – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

This Innocent Woman's House Was Destroyed by a SWAT Team. A Jury Says She's Owed $60,000.

#Innocent #Woman039s #House #Destroyed #SWAT #Team #Jury #She039s #Owed

When Vicki Baker cleared out her home in McKinney, Texas, in 2020, she filled two 40-foot dumpsters with her belongings. It wasn’t the way she’d pictured emptying the house as she prepared to begin retirement in Montana. But there was little else to be done with her tear-gas stained items after a SWAT team careened through her fence, detonated explosives to blow her garage door off its hinges, smashed several windows, and drove a BearCat armored vehicle through her front door to apprehend a fugitive that had barricaded himself inside.

A federal jury last week decided that Baker is entitled to $59,656.59 for the trouble. It’s both a controversial and surprising decision. Normally, people like Baker get nothing.

In July 2020, Wesley Little arrived at Baker’s house with a 15-year-old girl he’d kidnapped. Little had previously worked for Baker as a handyman, though she had fired him about a year and a half earlier after her daughter, Deanna Cook, expressed that something may be awry. Cook answered Little at the door that day; having seen him on recent news reports, she left the premises and called the police.

The girl was released unharmed. But Little refused to exit the home, so a SWAT team arrived and began to tear the house down around him in a process known as “shock and awe.”

They then kindly left Baker with the bill. “I’ve lost everything,” she told me in March 2021. “I’ve lost my chance to sell my house. I’ve lost my chance to retire without fear of how I’m going to make my regular bills.” Those bills include treatment for stage 3 breast cancer.

Yet the only thing perhaps more absurd than a jury having to force the government’s hand in recompensing her is that Baker almost did not have the privilege to bring her case before one. Federal courts in similar cases have ruled that the government can usurp “police powers” to destroy your property and avoid having to pay it back under the Takings Clause of the 5th Amendment, which is supposed to provide a remedy for such circumstances.

After the ordeal, Baker sought that remedy through her home insurance, which stipulated that they are not on the hook if it is the government’s fault. And though the government didn’t deny being at fault, per se, they did deny that Baker was a victim, sending her on her way with a ravaged home, thousands of dollars in destroyed personal possessions, and a dog that went deaf and blind from the chaos that July day.

In November of last year, Baker’s luck began to turn. A federal judge denied the city of McKinney’s motion to dismiss her case. In April, that same jurist, Judge Amos L. Mazzant III of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, described the interpretation of the law barring Baker from suing as “untenable.” And last week, the jury handed down their ruling. The city may appeal, which will delay any payout.

In coming to his decision, Mazzant invoked another unfortunate case: that of the Lech family, who had their $580,000 home ruined by a SWAT team as they pursued an unrelated shoplifter who broke in. Greenwood Village, Colorado, did more for them than McKinney would do for Baker, forking over all of $5,000. A federal court ruled that the family could not sue, and the Supreme Court declined to take up the case.

Advertisement

“Even though a number of federal courts have gone the wrong way on this issue, they’ve done so with very cursory analysis,” says Jeffrey Redfern, an attorney at the Institute for Justice, the public interest law firm shepherding Baker’s case. He says this new ruling is different and should “be the one that everyone is looking at” as similar situations continue to pop up.

It does not set a precedent, however. “In this case, we put the city claims agent on the stand,” notes Redfern, “and she said, ‘Yep, I denied the claim, and I deny every claim like this, and if this happened tomorrow I would deny it again.’” Unfortunately for people like Vicki Baker, this will continue to be a familiar story.

Continue Reading

Politics

Exclusive: 1/6 Committee Hits Spiraling Trump Again By Subpoenaing Pat Cipollone – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

1/6 Committee Hits Spiraling Trump Again By Subpoenaing Pat Cipollone

#Committee #Hits #Spiraling #Trump #Subpoenaing #Pat #Cipollone

The 1/6 Committee has subpoenaed one of the people who knows the intimate details of Trump’s coup plot, former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone.

The AP reported:

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection issued a subpoena Wednesday to former White House counsel Pat Cipollone, who has been linked to meetings in which lawyers debated strategies to overturn former President Donald Trump’s election loss.

The Committee said that it required Cipollone’s testimony after obtaining other evidence about which he was “uniquely positioned to testify.”

Pat Cipollone Can Testify To The Plot To Overturn The Election

According to Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony, Cipollone has intimate and wide-ranging details about the plot to overturn the election. Hutchinson testified that Cipollone warned that if Trump went to the Capitol, they would be charged with every crime imaginable.

Trump was already falling apart after Hutchinson’s testimony, and he could be in for a double whammy if his former White House Counsel testifies. The White House Counsel is not a personal lawyer to the president but represents the institutional interests of the Executive Branch.

If Cipollone testifies, it will be the bombshell that will level the rubble that was already smoldering after Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony.

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading

Exclusive

Copyright © 2022 Talk Of News.