Connect with us

Entertainment

Exclusive: Julie Andrews, 86, Reveals If She’d Return For A Potential ‘Princess Diaries 3’

Published

on

Julie Andrews, Anne Hathaway

#Julie #Andrews #Reveals #Shed #Return #Potential #Princess #Diaries




View gallery

Image Credit: Shutterstock

It doesn’t look like Julie Andrews, 86, will be returning as the Queen of Genovia, who was also Anne Hathaway‘s character, Mia’s grandmother, in another Princess Diaries movie. The iconic actress admitted she thinks too much time has gone by for there to be a third installment of the Disney film, which first premiered in 2001, in an interview ahead of receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award. The talented star was being recognized for her long acting career at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, CA.

“I don’t know, I think I’m the one — she’s probably still okay for it, but I might just be a little too old a granny for it, I don’t know,” Julie told Entertainment Tonight when asked if she’d join Anne for a Princess Diaries 3. She didn’t completely write off the idea, though, and added that it really depends on the story that would be included in the possible third movie.

Julie Andrews, Anne Hathaway
Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway in a photo for ‘The Princess Diaries’ in 2001. (Shutterstock)

“It depends what the story is, and if they can come up with something, that would be wonderful,” she explained. “But if not, there will be other things.”

Julie looked gorgeous on the red carpet of the theatre when answering the Princess Diaries-related questions along with others. She wore a stylish dark blue long gown that had sheer long sleeves and was lined with white sequins at the top. She also carried a matching blue clutch purse and showed off her signature short blonde hair.

Julie Andrews, Anne Hathaway
Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway in their roles as the Queen of Genovia and her granddaughter Mia. (Shutterstock)

In addition to talking about her classic and modern films, Julie opened up about the prestigious AFI award she was getting ready to receive later in the evening. The humble beauty said she was “very, very grateful” to be honored and didn’t expect the recognition to be as big as it was. “It’s really just amazing,” she gushed. “I had no idea it was this wonderful, or this detailed or this huge, and it’s just wonderful and I’m very, very grateful.”

Entertainment

Exclusive: Chuck D Reacts After 'Jeopardy!' Player Forgets Public Enemy – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Chuck D Reacts After 'Jeopardy!' Player Forgets Public Enemy

#Chuck #Reacts #039Jeopardy039 #Player #Forgets #Public #Enemy

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: Beyoncé explains why she created Renaissance alongside epic new photo – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

#Beyoncé #explains #created #Renaissance #epic #photo

We now know a bit more about Beyoncé‘s forthcoming new album, Renaissance.

The superstar singer posted an ethereal photo of herself upon a see-through horse on her Instagram account on Thursday (Friday morning AEST), captioned with some insight.

“Creating this album allowed me a place to dream and to find escape during a scary time for the world,” Beyoncé wrote.

READ MORE: Friends co-creator sends $5.8 million apology for error

“It allowed me to feel free and adventurous in a time when little else was moving. My intention was to create a safe place, a place without judgment. A place to be free of perfectionism and overthinking. A place to scream, release, feel freedom.

“It was a beautiful journey of exploration.”

READ MORE: Dannii Minogue reveals her wildest celebrity encounters from Jennifer Lopez to Lenny Kravitz

Advertisement

She released her first single, Break My Soul, from the new album last week and it became a quick hit.

The dance track was co-produced by the same team who brought us Single Ladies – Tricky Stewart and The-Dream. Jay-Z is also on the writing credits, as are the writers of Robin S’s 1993 hit Show Me Love, which is prominently sampled in the song.

In an apparent slight to major streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music, the song initially appeared only on Tidal – the streaming service co-owned by Beyoncé’s husband, Jay-Z – three hours before its announced release time of midnight in the US, and on Vevo/YouTube an hour or so later.

Beyoncé has a history of this: her 2016 Lemonade album was available only on Tidal for three years.

Renaissance, the singer’s long-expected seventh album, is set to come out on July 29.

Beyoncé’s last full-length album was Lemonade in 2016 – the singer has actually released four albums since this blockbuster outing, although none of them are full Beyoncé solo albums.

Beyonce
Beyonce released the first new song, Break My Soul, off the album last week (Getty)

“I hope you find joy in this music,” she said on Instagram.

“I hope it inspires you to release the wiggle. Ha! And to feel as unique, strong, and sexy as you are.”

Fans have already sleuthed information suggesting the album will contain 16 tracks, and signs of a multi-part release are clear from the billing as “Act 1”.

Sources told Variety the album will feature both dance and country-leaning tracks, with contributions from hit songwriter Ryan Tedder, who co-wrote Beyoncé’s 2008 hit Halo as well as hits for Adele, Taylor Swift, the Jonas Brothers and Tedder’s own group, OneRepublic.

Advertisement
The new song initially appeared only on Tidal – the streaming service co-owned by Beyoncé’s husband, Jay-Z (Instagram / @beyonce)

Also said to be involved is Raphael Saadiq, who has crafted hits for Mary J Blige, D’Angelo, Stevie Wonder, John Legend and Andra Day as well as his own excellent solo albums, and executive-produced A Seat at the Table, Beyoncé’s sister Solange’s widely praised 2016 album.

– Reported with CNN and Variety.

For a daily dose of 9Honey, subscribe to our newsletter here.

Ashlee Simpson and Bronx Wentz

One million people shocked at star’s rare snap of son

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: See Michael Douglas as Benjamin Franklin in First Look at Apple TV+ Series – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

See Michael Douglas as Benjamin Franklin in First Look at Apple TV+ Series

#Michael #Douglas #Benjamin #Franklin #Apple #Series

Michael Douglas is stepping into the shoes of renowned inventor, politician and writer Benjamin Franklin.

Apple TV+ shared a first look at the actor in the upcoming series Franklin June 30. In the photo, Douglas wears a long white wig and 18th century attire as he stands by a window, deep in thought. 

This is one of the first times Douglas has starred in a period piece, having previously played businessmen and other modern figures in moves like Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction and A Perfect Murder.

But executive producer Tony Krantz said his lack of experience in the genre doesn’t show. “Michael’s become the role, transforming his physicality, voice, cadence. And his humor is so much fun,” Krantz told Entertainment Weekly. “I think people will see one of Michael Douglas’ greatest performances ever in this project.”

The series will chronicle Franklin’s efforts to garner the support of the French monarchy during the American Revolution. At the time, the inventor was 70 and had little experience in diplomacy. 

Continue Reading

Exclusive

Copyright © 2022 Talk Of News.