Connect with us

Entertainment

Exclusive: Drew Barrymore Speaks Out After Scoring Invite to Britney Spears' Wedding

Published

on

Drew Barrymore Speaks Out After Scoring Invite to Britney Spears' Wedding

#Drew #Barrymore #Speaks #Scoring #Invite #Britney #Spears039 #Wedding

Drew Barrymore was honored to witness Britney Spears‘ happily ever after. 

The talk show host was one of the lucky few who scored an invite to Britney’s picture-perfect wedding to Sam Asghari, which she attended June 9 along with Selena Gomez, Madonna and Paris Hilton

Drew is now giving fans the inside scoop of the event, and it seems the entire affair reminded her of her past regal role, playing Danielle in the 1998 movie Ever After: A Cinderella Story.

“What I learned from Ever After is that we must rescue ourselves and yet still want the fairy tale,” Drew explained on Instagram one day after attending the extravaganza in Los Angeles. “And that’s exactly what Britney did!” 

The actress was seemingly referring to Britney’s recent legal battle, as she terminated her conservatorship of 13 years in 2021. 

Sharing a photo with the bride, Drew added, “I couldn’t not be happier for her intrepid journey !!!!!!!” 


Entertainment

Exclusive: Police Arrest Suspect In 4th Of July Parade Shooting Outside Chicago – Update – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Police Arrest Suspect In 4th Of July Parade Shooting Outside Chicago – Update

#Police #Arrest #Suspect #4th #July #Parade #Shooting #Chicago #Update

UPDATED with arrest, 4:55 PM: Police have arrested a person of interest in the horrific Fourth shooting at a Fourth of July Parade near Chicago. Highland Park Police Chief Lou Jogmen said in a news conference that officers initiated a traffic stop of the subject and “that subject did flee. A brief pursuit went on. Ultimately they were able to get the subject stopped … in Lake Forest. The subject was taken into custody without incident.”

Jogman reiterated that “things are moving very quickly, as they do unfortunately.”

Parade Shooting Person Of Interest Is Chicago-Area Rapper; Videos Have Shooting Imagery

The person of interest was en route the the Highland Park Police Department, “where we going to begin the next phase of the investigation.”

PREVIOUSLY, 2:50 PM: The chief of police for Highland park, IL identified a “person of interest” in the mass shooting that took place there today, killing six people and wounding 25. The man’s name is Robert E. Crimo III, 22. Crimo is reportedly a Highland Park local. He is said to be “armed and dangerous.” There is currently a massive manhunt being conducted in the local area by law enforcement.

Illinois Gov. JB Pritzker issued a statement indicating, “My staff and I are closely monitoring the situation in Highland Park. State police are on the scene and we have made all state resources available to the community. We will continue working with local officials to help those affected.

PREVIOUSLY, 2:30 p.m.: Officials at a hospital in Highland Park, Illinois updated the country late this afternoon on casualties related to a mass shooting at a parade today outside Chicago.

Twenty-five people were admitted to the hospital as a result of the incident with gunshot wounds. They ranged in age from 8 to 85, according to officials, who also noted that “four or five” of them were children. Of those 25 people shot, 19 released.

The local communities of Glencoe, Evanston, Deerfield and many more have canceled their 4th of July events as a result, according to NBC5 Chicago. The outlet also reported that Six Flags Great America has canceled its fireworks display and will close at 8 p.m. tonight “out of an abundance of caution.”

Advertisement

The Chicago White Sox canceled their fireworks show that was scheduled to follow a game against the Minnesota Twins tonight, and indicted that a moment of silence would be held for the victims before the game.

PREVIOUSLY, 12:30 p.m.: Five of the six people killed in the Highland Park parade shooting were adults and died at the scene, city officials said during a press briefing at 3:30 p.m. Chicago time. A sixth person was pronounced dead at a hospital; information on that victim was not disclosed.

A fire department official said at least one of the more than two dozen injured in the shooting transported to a hospital was a child.

Police officials said that “significant progress” is being made in the investigation into the shooter, with a “very active apprehension effort” in place. The suspect was not in custody at the time of the briefing.

The parade has been canceled.

Earlier this afternoon, President Joe Biden has released the following statement in response to the Highland Park shooting:

Jill and I are shocked by the senseless gun violence that has yet again brought grief to an American community on this Independence Day. As always, we are grateful for the first responders and law enforcement on the scene. I have spoken to Governor Pritzker and Mayor Rotering, and have offered the full support of the Federal government to their communities. I also urged Federal law enforcement to assist in the urgent search for the shooter, who remains at large at this time. Members of the community should follow guidance from leadership on the ground, and I will monitor closely as we learn more about those whose lives have been lost and pray for those who are in the hospital with grievous injuries.

I recently signed the first major bipartisan gun reform legislation in almost thirty years into law, which includes actions that will save lives. But there is much more work to do, and I’m not going to give up fighting the epidemic of gun violence.

Illinois Governor JB Pritzker also issued a statement saying, in part, that “grief will not bring the victims back, and prayers alone will not put a stop to the terror of rampant gun violence in our country. I will stand firm will Illinoisans and Americans: we must – and we will – end this plague of gun violence”

PREVIOUSLY: A Fourth of July parade in Highland Park, outside Chicago, has left six people dead and multiple injuries, according to officials. At least 24 people have been hospitalized with serious injuries.

Advertisement

Police are still searching for the gunman, according to city officials. Chris Covelli of the Lake County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting “appears to be completely random” Law enforcement officials are urging people downtown to shelter in place.

At a press conference just before 1 p.m. Chicago time, Covelli described the suspected shooter as a white male, 18-20 years old, longer black hair, small build, wearing a white or blue t-shirt.

A rifle was retrieved at the scene, but the suspect should still be considered armed and dangerous. Covelli described the weapon as a “high-powered rifle.”

Police are asking parade spectators to review their cellphones for video and photos that might provide clues and to contact police with the information. Covelli said the FBI is assisting in the investigation and search for the suspect.

Highland Park Mayor Nancy Rotering,“On a day that we came together to celebrate community and freedom, we’re instead mourning the loss, the tragic loss, of life, and struggling with the terror that was brought upon us,”

Officials said there is no indication that the shooter, who apparently fired from a nearby roof, is barricaded in the immediate area.

A message on the city’s official Facebook page says, “SHELTER IN PLACE. Highland Park Police are responding to an incident in downtown Highland Park. All 4th of July events have been canceled. Please avoid downtown Highland Park. Take shelter if in downtown HP. “

Shots began firing within 10 minutes after the parade commenced at 10 a.m. CT today. As of this report, the shooter remains at large.

Nearby towns including Deerfield, Ill. have canceled their own official Fourth of July activities.

“I grew up in Highland Park and this parade is a highlight of the year for so many families,” tweeted actor Rachel Brosnahan. “I’m sick to my stomach every time news like this comes out, but I don’t wish the pit in your stomach as you call your family and friends to make sure everyone is okay on anyone. No words.”

Erik Pedersen and City News Service contributed to this report.


Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: Travis Barker Receives Flowers From Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble After Hospitalization – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Travis Barker Receives Flowers From Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble After Hospitalization

#Travis #Barker #Receives #Flowers #Kris #Jenner #Corey #Gamble #Hospitalization

Travis Barker is on the road to recovery. 

Less than a week after being admitted to the hospital for pancreatitis, it appears the Blink-182 drummer is back at home. Travis seemingly confirmed the news on July 4 while sharing an image to his Instagram Story of flowers he received from mother-in-law Kris Jenner and her boyfriend Corey Gamble.

“Dearest Travis,” a note attached to the flowers read, “Get well soon!!!! We love you.” Travis captioned the photo, which appeared to be taken at his residence in Calabasas, Calif., with a “thank you” to the couple.

On July 3, Travis’ wife Kourtney Kardashian hinted that he’d been released from the hospital by posting a photo from inside his vintage convertible. That same day, Travis shared a picture to his own Instagram Story, showing a basket filled with board games, including Battleship, Monopoly and Operation.

E! News confirmed on June 28 that Travis was brought by ambulance to a Los Angeles hospital. On July 2, Travis shared details on his health journey on social media. 


Continue Reading

Entertainment

Exclusive: Amber Heard seeks to throw out verdict in Johnny Depp defamation trial – TalkOfNews.com

Published

on

By

Amber Heard seeks to throw out verdict in Johnny Depp defamation trial

#Amber #Heard #seeks #throw #verdict #Johnny #Depp #defamation #trial

Amber Heard’s lawyers have asked a judge to throw out the $10.35 million verdict against her in the defamation case filed by ex-husband Johnny Depp, arguing that the verdict was not supported by the evidence and that one of the jurors may not have been properly vetted by the court.

In post-trial motions filed Friday, Heard’s attorneys call the jury’s June 1 award of $10 million in compensatory damages and $5 million in punitive damages to Depp “excessive” and “indefensible.”

They ask the judge to set aside the verdict and dismiss Depp’s lawsuit or order a new trial. Immediately after the verdict, the judge reduced the compensatory damages to $350,000 under a state cap.

Depp sued Heard for libel in Fairfax County Circuit Court over a December 2018 op-ed she wrote in The Washington Post describing herself as “a public figure representing domestic abuse.” Depp’s lawyers alleged he was defamed by the article even though it never mentioned him by name.

Story continues below advertisement


Click to play video: 'Amber Heard’s lawyer speaks out, says cameras in court made trial a ‘zoo’'







Amber Heard’s lawyer speaks out, says cameras in court made trial a ‘zoo’


Amber Heard’s lawyer speaks out, says cameras in court made trial a ‘zoo’ – Jun 2, 2022

The six-week televised trial turned into a spectacle that offered a window into their dysfunctional marriage. Much of the testimony focused on Heard’s claims that she had been physically and sexually abused by Depp. Heard described more than a dozen alleged assaults, including a fight in Australia — where Depp was shooting a Pirates of the Caribbean sequel — in which Depp lost the tip of his middle finger and Heard said she was sexually assaulted with a liquor bottle.

Read more:

Advertisement

Johnny Depp jurors shown actor’s explicit, disturbing texts about Amber Heard

Depp said he never hit Heard and that she was the abuser.

Depp had to prove that he never assaulted Heard, that her op-ed piece defamed him and that she wrote the article with actual malice.

Story continues below advertisement


Click to play video: 'Heard’s lawyers refute Depp’s claims she perpetrated a hoax: ‘what would Amber Heard’s motive be?’'







Heard’s lawyers refute Depp’s claims she perpetrated a hoax: ‘what would Amber Heard’s motive be?’


Heard’s lawyers refute Depp’s claims she perpetrated a hoax: ‘what would Amber Heard’s motive be?’ – May 27, 2022

In their post-trial motions, Heard’s legal team argued that to find that Heard had actual malice, Depp would have had to show that at the time Heard’s article was published, she did not believe she had been abused.

“Instead, the evidence overwhelmingly supported Ms. Heard believed she was the victim of abuse at the hands of Mr. Depp,” Heard’s lawyers say in their motion.

Advertisement

Read more:

Amber Heard lawyer claims Johnny Depp ‘demonized’ ex-wife, suppressed evidence in defamation trial

Heard’s lawyers also ask the judge to investigate “potential improper juror service,” alleging that one of the jurors who was chosen to serve on the jury was listed as being born in 1945 in documents given to the attorneys before the jury selection process, but is listed as being born in 1970 in publicly available information.

Story continues below advertisement

“This discrepancy raises the question whether Juror 15 actually received a summons for jury duty and was properly vetted by the Court to serve on the jury,” Heard’s lawyers said in their motion.

Depp’s attorneys did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Read more:

Travis Barker shares details of his ‘life-threatening’ hospitalization

Advertisement

The jury also awarded Heard $2 million in her counterclaim against Depp, finding that Heard was defamed by one of Depp’s lawyers, who accused her of creating a detailed hoax that included roughing up the couple’s apartment to look worse for police.

In some ways, the trial was a replay of a lawsuit Depp filed in the United Kingdom against a British tabloid after he was described as a “wife beater.” The judge in that case ruled in the newspaper’s favor in 2020 after finding that Heard was telling the truth in her descriptions of abuse.

© 2022 The Canadian Press

Advertisement


Continue Reading

Exclusive

Copyright © 2022 Talk Of News.